Who does not wish to see the Effiel Tower in Paris? It was even my dream destination. I was so excited when I was finally planning my trip to Paris with my husband as it is known as the city of romance. We made our reservation at the earliest to avoid any last-minute disappointments and price hike. We even made a list of the best places to visit in Paris apart from the Eiffel Tower. As we all know that lie is very unpredictable and comes with both surprises and shocks.
Our life also got shattered in a moment when my mother-in-law got a heart attack and left us forever. Obviously, at that moment the trip did not strike us because our life was going through a roller coaster of emotions. After seven days of mourning and sorrowful ambiance, the thought of the trip popped into our heads. We surely wanted to cancel it because we were not in the same state of mind as earlier. I wanted to keep my husband away from more stress so I made the initiative of canceling the reservations.
I was unaware of the Air France Cancellation Policy so I went to the official website of the airline to know the procedure along with the terms and conditions.
The Air France Cancellation Policy page provided the following information:
- As per Air France Cancellation Policy, the passengers who cancel their reservations made on the Air France official website within the first 24 hours of the purchase will not be eligible for any cancellation charges.
- For the application of the aforementioned rule, there must be at least a week (seven days) for the flight to take off.
- The passengers who are canceling their reservations with Air France Airlines will get a refund after the deduction of the cancellation fee. The remaining amount of the refund will be credited to the bank account of the respective passenger that s/he has used to make the reservations.
- According to the Air France Cancellation Policy, the passengers who desire to cancel their reservations made with Air France Airlines beyond the stipulated time of 24 hours will be charged with a cancellation fee.
- The cancellation fee is determined by many factors like the type of membership, class of travel, time of travel, number of tickets, and much more.
- The policy of Air France states that if the passenger is able to provide proof with the help of some official documents then the airline will remove the cancellation charges from the cancellation process.
- The cancellation fee of Air France Airline varies from $45 to $125 only if the purchase of the ticket is made prior to two days of the departure of the flight.
- It is important for the passengers to understand the Air France Cancellation Policy to avoid any duplicity and fraud. The knowledge of the policy will help the customer to not fall into any pitfalls of the frauds.
- The policy of Air France Airline clearly declares that the passengers holding an Award ticket will not be entertained for any kind of cancellation and refund.
- The airline suggests its passengers make a selection on refundable tickets while making a reservation in order to avoid any last-minute disappointments and burn a hole in the pocket.
How did I cancel my Air France reservations?
- Before beginning the cancellation process I made sure to have an active internet connection on my laptop.
- Then I typed the official website of the Air France Airlines in the search box and tapped the Enter button.
- After that, I logged in to the account that I created with Air France Airline. The option of login was on the Homepage of the official website itself.
- Then I selected on the option that said “My Trips” or “Bookings”
- After that, a list appeared on the screen and then I had to make a selection on the reservation which I wanted to cancel.
- I noticed that a pop-up message arrived on the screen where I had to confirm that I am sure to cancel the ticket selected.
- Once I clicked on the confirmation button to cancel the reservations, it was canceled officially.
- I applied for the refund and it showcased that the refund amount will be credited to my account after the deduction of the cancellation fee.
- The message came to the registered mobile number which reflected the business days that ill take for the procedure as well as the amount that will be credited.
I was satisfied with the service delivered by Air France Airlines as the refund was credited in my account within ten business days. The process was quite effortless and the website made it more convenient. In case you are looking for detailed information on the Air France Cancellation Policy then you must visit the official website of Air France Airlines.
Latest posts by Akshay Sharma (see all)
- 5 Types of Business Loans to Empower Women Entrepreneurs - December 1, 2021
- Can I Grow Fruit Trees In London? - November 17, 2021
- Top 5 Wedding Planning Tips for Couples - October 29, 2021
- Parent’s Guide to Crafting with Kids - October 20, 2021
- How Crafting Can Help You Cope With Stress - October 4, 2021
- How To Relieve From Dry Cough With Herbal Syrup
- 5 Tips to Use Sample Papers for Board Exam Preparation