“Out of sight, out of mind” is one of the most famous sayings that definitely apply for things that we tend to ignore in our day-to-day life like a heap of clothes lying on the floor. However, when it comes to strengthening your muscle mass, most of the people tend to overlook the muscles that they don’t see in the mirror. Well, one such muscle group that we don’t usually see is hamstring on the backside of your thighs. Since, you don’t see this muscle group you just don’t do any exercise related to the same, right?
Although, the hamstrings—a set of three muscles that mainly comprises of the biceps femoris, the semimembranosus, and the semitendinosus—are substantial for more than simply making you look more toned from the backside.
As per a qualified personal instructor with fitness certification, hamstring basically makes your knee joint become stable which is definitely one of the most critical aspects for any athlete out there. If you are a woman and more prone to injuries related to knees then there are high chances that you have weak hamstring muscles. As per the estimates, it has been revealed that around 25% of the athletes among both genders are more disposed to knee injuries due to weak hamstring muscle group.
Because feeble hamstrings can result in injury, and non-existing hamstrings can result in appealing awkwardness, these disproportions need to be dealt with sincerely. If you’re looking for some methods to show up your hamstring muscles, then have a look at some of the most recommended exercises that you can do to strengthen your hamstring muscle. However, always ensure that you incorporate each exercise one at a time in your workout regimen.
Leg curls are undoubtedly one of the best exercises for strengthening your hamstring muscles. However, there are many people out there who struggle doing hamstring exercise on the leg curls machine and tend to stop working on this muscle group. You can ditch the leg curl machine in the gym and do the same exercise with the use of fitball.
How to perform hamstring curls with fitball?
- First, lie down straight on the floor and keep your feet on the fitball.
- Now, contract your glute muscle and hamstring, and slowly raise your hips off the floor by bringing the fitball near to your glutes.
- After a few seconds hold, you can go back to the starting position.
- You have to perform 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps each time.
Bulgarian Split Squat:
It is yet another effective exercise for the hamstring muscle group.
How to perform Bulgarian Split Squat with dumbbells?
- For this exercise, you will need to place the bench behind you first. While holding dumbbells in both hands, place your feet on the bench.
- Now, you have to bend your legs in a manner that the knee of the leg you placed on the bench should be touching floor and the knee of the resting foot should be perpendicular.
You can hire a qualified personal instructor with fitness certification for your fitness
Latest posts by Akshay Sharma (see all)
- $2.8 Million Sparks Optimism in Herpes Vaccine Progress - October 20, 2023
- Indoor Hanging Plants in Small Spaces | Maximising Greenery - October 6, 2023
- 10 Ways Wallpaper Can Inspire Kids’ Creativity - September 29, 2023
- A Beginner’s Guide to Using HRTC Buses: Your Ticket to Smooth Travel - September 21, 2023
- The Tranquil Charms of Kufri’s Summer Flora - September 1, 2023
- These Steps Will Definitely Bring You Closer to Getting Beautiful Hair
- How To Download And Install Vidmate App On Your Device?