The TSS visa (Temporary Skill Shortage visa) is a program that was started by the department of home affairs (DHA) Australia. It is started to replace the 457 visa program. This program allows employers to recruit skilled overseas workers when a qualified Australian cannot be sourced for it. There are three stages involved in employing a skilled overseas worker.
The first stage is the standard business sponsorship application which allows the employers to get access to the program. The second stage is the nomination application in which the employer nominates the position to be filled by the overseas worker. It needs to be approved by the DHA and match certain criteria. And the third stage is TSS visa application which is based on the assessment done by the DHA. DHA checks whether the worker is suitable for the nominated position and other Australian visa-related criteria are checked.
The TSS visa is called subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage Visa and has two streams.
- The Short-term stream.
- The medium-term stream
These two streams have various occupations divided among them base on the qualification required and other factors.
The short-term stream visa is valid of 2 years and if the Internation trade obligation applied then it is valid for 4 years. The medium-term stream visa also has a validity of 4 years and the dependent family members can be listed in the application.
The following criteria should be met in order to get a TSS visa.
- The applicant should meet ANZSCO qualification and skill requirements. A relevant degree is necessary to get the visa and some occupations substitute degree with 5 years of relevant experience.
- The applicant needs to have two years of skilled employment experience in the occupation he has nominated in the application.
- Short-term stream applicant needs to be a genuine applicant for entry and stay as a visa holder.
- Needs to have the required license, registration or be eligible to apply for the applied position requires it.
- Meet the character requirements and get the required police clearance from all countries in which a total of 12 months or more have been spent in the past decade.
- Meet the health requirements depending on the country, travel history, and health. Health checks are necessary for some applicants.
- Meet the English language requirements. People holding a passport from Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States are exempt from it.
If the applicant gets the visa and stays there for the given period of time, he can apply for a new TSS visa before the expiration of the current one. Short-term stream visa holders cannot apply for it more than twice while they are still living in Australia.
To know more about the TSS visa get in touch with the best visa consultants Melbourne. The visa consultants Melbourne know complete details about the process and how it can be done smoothly. A person should always consult before applying for a visa as to know exactly how the process works and what the are chances of being eligible to get the visa. Australian Visa Company offers all kinds of visa related services such as consulting on an hourly basis just to get the information required and apply on your own or services to get the whole process done for you. Professional consultants can help decide better on what kind of visa will be suitable for you or how it can be obtained the right way. They are aware of all the rules and regulations which saves time as all the required documents and process are done smoothly. The fees charged for these services are affordable as well.
Latest posts by Akshay Sharma (see all)
- Superior Quality And Affordable Winter Wear Jacket For Mens - August 14, 2019
- Ayurveda- The Science Behind Balancing The Internal Energies - August 14, 2019
- Is AIOps is the Next Biggest Thing in Business Analytics? - August 14, 2019
- Get To Know About The Chapters Of Cbse Class 6 Mathematics - August 13, 2019
- Some Interesting facts about the Mosquito – Human Relationships - August 13, 2019
- Go Get Slim in Seconds with Modern Tummy Tuckers
- Prevention and Treatment of Dandruff