The right choice of a wheelchair cushion can make a big difference for the people who spend most of their time in a wheelchair. It directly affects their health, comfort, and well-being. Wheelchair cushion is available in a wide range of shapes, sizes and built.
Gel seat cushions for wheelchairs are considered as one of the best pressure relief cushions. These cushions are commonly and popularly used by almost all wheelchair users It contains the amalgamation of gel or foam combination, which ensures pressure relief and prevents from skin soreness and irritation. The cushion has a cover that is removable and washable, which is made up of cotton or polyester material with a non-skid bottom and Velcro straps. The gel cushion is explicitly designed to redistribute the pressure which is formed due to constant sitting in a wheelchair for a long time. They reduce the breakdown of tissue, prevent from bedsores and ulcers, and provideposture control.
It Is One and The Only Seat Cushion, Which Provides:
• Stable and comfortable seating base,
• Optimal pressure relief,
• Low maintenance, and
• Advanced positioning
In addition, gel seat cushions for wheelchairs, offer heat and cold insulation. It is mot recommendable for elderly people who are wheelchair-bound.
The Different Types of Gel Seat Cushions Are as Follows:
1. Wondergel Supreme Cushion: This gel based cushion is thick and durable. It has the ability to absorb the body heat and assist the user from medical benefits. It is expensive but is worth every penny as it provides a high-quality comfort level.
2. AGreat Ultra Cushion: It is different from another gel cushion because of its design. Its designing is based on an ergonomic slope design, which ensures a very comfortable seating experience. The groove present at the mid of the seat,helps in reducing the stress from the coccyx region. It is recommendable for patients suffering from the chronic hemorrhoids, slip-disc problems, fibromyalgia, and prostatitis.
3. LoveHome Cool Gel Seat Cushion: It is the most used gel cushion. It reduces pain in back, coccyx and tailbone. It balances the body weight evenly over the seat and maintains the cooling effect, which helps the patient to sweat less. It is also effective for patients suffering from lumbar pain, sciatica, and degenerative disc.
4. Sharper Image Gel Seat Cushion: It offers a comfortable sitting space for patients. It is cost effective and can carry the bulky weight of the patient.
5. Equagel Seat Cushion: It is quality oriented and very durable gel cushion. It also provides extra support to the body because of the soft cushion base. With regular use of this cushion, the pain of lower back and sore coccyx get reduced extensively.
Benefits of Using Gel Seat Cushions for Wheelchairs
• The cushion is very light weight and allows the patient to handle and adjustment the cushion in accordance with wheelchair seat.
• It provides an advanced and comfortable positioning of thighs and pelvis so that the patient is able to sit for a long duration without any problem.
• The position of gel adjusts according to the movement or posture of the patients, which prevent the skin from becoming sore.
• These gel cushions are highly durable and affordable and justify their high cost. They last longer.
• The gel seat cushions protect the skin as it allows the gel to shift itself within the cushion, as per the changes in the seating postures of the patient.
• These gel cushions are free from any kind of infection from germs or bacteria because of their air vent technology.
• It keeps the patients cool and dry as they do not sweat much while sitting on this cushion.
If you carefully consider all the above mentioned points you will definitely able to find right choice of a wheelchair cushion.
Latest posts by Akshay Sharma (see all)
- 6 Ways Learning To Swim Changes The Lives Of Disabled People - August 23, 2017
- Types Of Natural Stone Flooring – Infographic - August 23, 2017
- 6 Reasons You Should Hire Rather Than Buy Plant Machinery - August 22, 2017
- The Best Green Spot In Kerala – Wayanad - August 22, 2017
- Home Insurance – Infographic - August 21, 2017
- What Are The Reasons To Choose Cremation Service?
- Top Seven Places Famous For Local Food In Australia